If you don’t know how to achieve beautiful, young-looking skin, we can help you establish a good skincare routine. The market is flooded with cosmetics that claim to do wonders for your skin, and the internet is full of advice, sometimes contradictory. It is easy to understand why so many people find it difficult to make the right skincare routine choices. As long as you follow some rules and apply a few simple tips, your skin should begin to look younger. Here is what you can do to improve the aspect of your skin.
1. No smoking. Smoking is bad for the lungs, and everybody knows it, but it is also damaging for the skin. Smoking makes the skin look older, and it contributes to wrinkles. It reduces the skin’s elasticity and depletes oxygen and nutrients.
2. Wear sunscreen. You probably wear sunscreen when you go out in the summer, but you should wear it all year long. You don’t necessarily have to see the sun to get exposure to its dangerous rays. Too much sun exposure leads to age spots, wrinkles, and an increased risk of cancer.
3. Clean the skin regularly and use moisturizer. You should never go to bed with your skin dirty. If you wear makeup, remove it. Wash your face to remove dirt and bacteria that accumulate throughout the day. If you don’t do this, you should expect to experience breakouts. Gently wash the skin to avoid aggravating or damaging it.
4. Get enough sleep. It is called beauty sleep for a good reason. When you get enough quality sleep, your whole body and the skin have time to rest and repair.
5. Exfoliate. Some people exfoliate too much, while others don’t exfoliate enough. You should exfoliate twice a week because your skin needs a helping hand to get rid of dead cells, dirt, and bacteria.
6. Don’t use too many products. If you include too many cosmetics in your daily routine, you risk obtaining side effects rather than positive results. Choose a few products that match your skin type and include them in your routine. Allow them to do their job. You can’t expect a cosmetic product to do wonders for your skin after just a couple of uses.
7. Use cosmetics that contain stearic acid. Stearic acid is a fatty acid that works as a surfactant, emulsifier, and adds texture to the products that contain it. One of the most important benefits of stearic acid is that it helps protect the natural barrier of the skin, the barrier that keeps the bacteria, dirt, and allergens away. It is also the barrier that protects the skin from losing water. Water is essential for healthy, young-looking skin. Drink enough water and learn to protect the skin from losing it, and you will be impressed with the outcome.
Follow a few simple rules, and your skin will look better than ever. Some of these rules imply lifestyle changes, but they are worth it. You will be happy with your overall look.